How to install bathroom furniture
Installing wall-mounted bathroom furniture is easier than you might think. However, for the job to be done well, certain steps need to be followed and you need the services of good professionals.
Each type of bathroom unit requires a different type of installation. However, in this article we will focus on how to install a wall-mounted unit. Take the following steps and tips into account.
How to install a wall-mounted bathroom unit, step by step
Installing a wall-mounted unit is very simple. To do it, you will only need the following basic tools: a tape measure, a drill and bits, a hammer and a screwdriver.
Proceed as follows:
- Remove the hook fitting protectors and turn the lower screw so that the hooks come out at the back (a metal plate with three holes).
- Measure the distance between the hooks and make a note of it.
- Measure and mark a height of 59 cm from the floor. This is the recommended height for installing a wall-mounted bathroom unit.
- At that height measure and mark the distance between the hooks.
- Place each of the 2 brackets on the wall to mark the holes where you need to drill.
- Use an 8 mm bit to make the holes.
- Put a plug in each hole, using a hammer to tap it home if necessary. If the wall is tiled, you can protect it with a piece of wood.
- Screw the 2 brackets on to the wall.
- Slide the unit on to the brackets.
- There will be a gap between the back of the unit and the wall. To close the gap, tighten the screw on the hook fitting on both sides of the unit.
How to fit the drawer in a wall-mounted bathroom unit
Now that you know how to install the unit, it's time to fit the drawer.
Installing a drawer in a wall-mounted unit is very simple. To do it, just follow these steps:
- Pull the drawer slides out as far as possible.
- Place the drawer on the slides.
- Close the drawer.
When you close the drawer, it should be positioned correctly. You may notice some resistance at the end of the run before it is completely closed.
To check that the drawer has been installed correctly, you only need to make sure it opens and closes properly.
If you want to remove the drawer once you have fitted it, you just need to open it as far as possible. If there is a brake at the side, you will have to release it.
Then take hold of the drawer on both sides and lift it out.
How to adjust a soft-close drawer
To adjust a soft-close drawer so that it remains correctly closed, follow the steps below.
Firstly, in this type of drawer, you need to know that there is a brake on the slides that you have to release in order to remove the drawer. Simply pulling the drawer upwards is not sufficient.
- To adjust the height of the front, and to ensure it closes at exactly the right point, use the lever at the side.
- To adjust the front horizontally, turn the wheel in the centre.
- Lastly, if you need to make a perpendicular adjustment to the front, use the lever located at the back of the drawer.
Following these steps, you can easily adjust one of our soft-close drawers.
How to adjust the height of the drawer in a wall-mounted unit
To adjust the height of the drawer in a wall-mounted unit, you will need a manual screwdriver. You only need to tighten or loosen some screws to adjust the position of the drawer.
If the drawer has a compartment with a lid, remove it and you will find 3 screws behind it. In some models, you will find these screws inside the drawer. They are not covered.
The screw on the left adjusts the front of the drawer from side to side. The middle screw adjusts the height of the front. Finally, the screw on the right adjusts the tilt of the front of the drawer.