With the aim of supporting crafts and promoting creativity, Noken presents the second edition of its international design competition. A contest aimed at everyone who is as passionate about craftsmanship and design as we are.
What should my entry for the competition be like?
The creative process leading to the final idea is the most important part of any project. The muse, in this case, is Finish Studio, with its multitude of finishes to give life to a unique work that speaks to you.
We want to offer the opportunity to give a special touch to our Slate plates, which acquire their skins through digital printing with state-of-the-art UV-LED ink with selected finishes inspired by nature
Slate shower trays
As the artisan spirit is one of the premises that underpins this initiative, the winning illustrations will be printed on the outside of our raw shower trays.
Thanks to limitless creativity, there are as many pieces as there are natural elements from which to draw inspiration for exquisite finishes. As many pieces as there are artists who turn the blank canvas into an exclusive work with its own essence.
If you dream of your own design, now you can make it a reality. In order to take part in our competition, the aim is to come up with a totally personalised shower tray, capable of integrating into a truly Finish Studio bathroom, a different design that speaks to you.With complete freedom of expression and the colours that bring out the most creative you, share with us a digital illustration that reflects the theme of "new skins"
How does the contest work?
Key dates to remember
Participation in the competition will be open from 17 October to 20 December 2023.Within this period, all those who meet the requirements of the legal bases and wish to enter the competition must send their digital illustration together with a brief explanation of the inspiration that led to it and what the work means to its creator. It should be noted that participation can only be submitted via the registration form on the competition website.
Following this first phase, we will open a popular vote phase lasting from 20 December to 3 January 2024.
Finally, a jury made up of 5 renowned professionals, chosen based on the full diversity of techniques and styles, but focusing on the world of design, will select the 3 winners
The key date? On 15 January 2024 we will present the results of the popular vote and the jury's deliberation, announcing the winners and finalists of the second edition of our International Design Competition.
This jury is composed of:
- Emerio Arena, art director and co-founder of R magazineOOM Design.
- Miriam Gómez ‘Miriammimesis’, interior designer, technical architect, and founder of Mimesis Interiorismo.
- Julio Touza, architect and founder of TOUZA Arquitectos.
- Simone Micheli, architect and designer, co-founder of Simone Micheli Architectural Hero.
- Mónica Diago, architect, founder of the architecture and interior design studio Mónica Diago, and co-founder of the Lumier development company.
Prizes with art
We know how important it is to come up with that idea to create your digital illustration. That's why we want to reward your work in the best way: bringing your design to life so you can enjoy that unique piece that speaks of you.
- First prize: Travel and ticket to Art Paris 2024 + A limited edition of your work captured in a raw Slate shower tray model.
- Second prize: A limited edition of your work on a raw Slate shower tray model.
- Third prize: A limited edition of your work on a raw Slate shower tray model.
Can't wait to get started? Take a look at the legal terms and conditions here and get involved!