How to replace your bath waste system
The bath is the jewel in the crown of your bathroom. It's one of the best spots in the home to take some time out and relax after a long day. And whilst it's easy to maintain, as time goes by you might find you need to replace the waste system. At Noken our waste systems are built to last. Here's a step-by-step guide to replacing your bath waste with our Next Kit, so you can make sure your bath always stays in top condition.
Rounded shapes, minimalist lines, high-tech electronics with hydrotherapy, chromotherapy or music therapy programmes... Every bath is unique.
Whichever model you go for, Noken baths have been designed to add a touch of comfort and relaxation to your life. Baths are fundamental to improving a sense of wellness in your home, whether you're looking at free-standing models or those designed for outdoor installation.
In this post we'll take you through a step-by-step guide to taking out your old waste system and replacing it with a new one using our Next Kit.
Replacing your bath waste: what you need
Swapping your bath waste is a relatively simple task which can be done by one person.
Before you start, it's a good idea to make sure you've got the right tools and materials to hand. They are the following:
- Adjustable wrench
- The Next Kit
Step by step: How to replace your bath waste fitting with the Next Kit
It's a simple task, but we do recommend you leave it to a professional. Here's our step-by-step guide to swapping your Noken bath waste:
- First check you've got all the tools you need, and then unpack the Next Kit.
- Remove the trims from the overflow and the waste itself, by hand.
- Next disassemble the overflow. To do so you'll need to loosen the nut holding it in. Next, unscrew the nut (by hand) and remove the rubber seal from the overflow.
- Take out the waste fitting. First use a screwdriver to loosen the screw attaching the waste fitting to the bath. Next, from the outside of the bath, remove the drainage pipe and waste system itself. Next, remove the seal, as you did with the overflow.
And now you've removed your old waste system. Next, it's time to install your Next Kit.
- Install the new waste system. To do this, place the new waste seal in the same place and position as your old seal. Install the new waste and screw it into the new pipe. Screw in the waste fitting using your screwdriver.
- Install the new overflow. First insert the seal. You need to turn the new nut sufficiently to get it to fit the overflow and hold it securely in position. Use a wrench to tighten the nut.
- Align the plug hole and waste system, tightening the screw to fix it in the right position.
- Install the overflow trim, and as you did with the plug hole, turn the trim to check the plug will open and close correctly.
- Finally, the last step of replacing your waste system is to fit the pipe that connects the overflow with the plug hole, insert the nut and seal to fix the pipe to the top of the plug hole and fasten it tight by screwing the nut.