Regardless of whether you have a large, medium or small bathroom, the key to a functional bathroom with a balanced design is choosing the right equipment.
Going for a shower tray you can cut to size comes with a major advantage: you can overcome any obstacles, whether it's a simple lack of space or a small, awkward column or other obstruction.
Noken's Mineral Stone shower tray range can be cut to size. It makes them a versatile and practical solution, and means you can make the most of even the smallest spaces and still achieve an incredibly functional bathroom.
So, how exactly do you cut a resin shower tray? Take a look at our step-by-step guide to cutting your shower tray to size.
Tools you need for trimming your shower tray
If you want to get great results when you cut your resin shower tray, you need to make sure you've got the right tools and materials. Before you start, you'll need the following things to hand:
- Tape measure and a pencil
- Masking tape
- Protective glasses, gloves and a mask
- A ruler to mark the position of the cut
- A suitable surface to work on
- A diamond circular saw blade
Step by step: how to cut a shower tray to size
Cutting a shower tray to size is a relatively simple task, and can be done by one person in less than 15 minutes. But it's a delicate job, so it's best left to a professional.
And although you can trim all the shower trays in the Noken Mineral Stone range, we recommend you only do it when it's absolutely necessary. If anything happens to it near the cut the guarantee won't cover it, and if you make a mistake you could end up with less than optimal results.
But if you do decide to cut your shower tray, we recommend you always do it in the flat area of the tray, as indicated in red in the video.
If you need to make an angular cut in the tray to get around an obstacle like an awkward column in the corner of your bathroom, here's what you need to do:
- Use your ruler to carefully measure the exact point you want to cut, and mark it with a pencil.
- Next, using your ruler or other guide, draw a line exactly where you're going to cut with the circular saw blade.
- Make the first cut using your circular saw blade.
- To prevent any damage when you're making the second cut, stick masking tape along the area of the shower tray you're keeping, right next to the line.
- Make the second cut, paying close attention to the line.
Install the shower tray in the right position.
If the space you have is too small for the shower tray and you need to trim it down, you need to make a linear cut. Follow these steps:
- Measure and mark (at varying heights) the size you want to trim it down to.
- Using a guide or your ruler, mark a line lengthwise (by joining the dots you made in the previous step).
- Next, very carefully cut the shower tray with your cutting blade, from one end to the other.
- Install your trimmed shower tray in the right position.
Mineral Stone shower tray composition
Noken's Mineral Stone series shower trays can be perfectly adapted to any bathroom space thanks to their full-body mineral composition. The range comes in several Finish Studio finishes to give your bathroom a cohesive aesthetic. They can be customised with digital printing techniques using state-of-the-art UV-LED ink, with a selection of designs that echo the finishes you'd find in nature.
Noken Eco-Stone represents our commitment to the environment - without sacrificing the high-end look. The formula contains natural calcium carbonate residues from white marble quarries, and recycled products. We reuse renewable bio-derivative products, with the aim of reducing marine pollution.
The result? An antibacterial, non-slip shower tray with excellent resistance that's easy to clean and maintain.