How to choose kitchen taps: 5 designs for 5 styles
You are going to design your new kitchen. Or, on the contrary, you are going to refurbish your current kitchen. To find oneself between one of these two cases is to consider, inevitably, what equipment and kitchen taps will be chosen. But, what should be taken into account when selecting the perfect taps?
1. Functionality. The culinary experimentation requires practical kitchen taps and comfort in relation to their handling. Therefore, the chosen design should guarantee aspects such as being able to move better while cooking, improving hygiene for the kitchen equipment, as well as washing food or making the opening of the taps easier.
2. The quality of the materials. Durability is something highly valued by users. If you invest in high-design kitchen taps, the requirements are: a durable piece that is resistant to use, taps that stand the test of time, along with easy maintenance.
3. Design. Taps are the main element in the kitchen, a piece that usually catches the eye, although a priori it does not seem so. They are usually located in a privileged place, near the workspace. Therefore, tap design is crucial and they must be chosen conscientiously: do they fit the kitchen style? Do they meet the expectations of breaking with the design by achieving an eclectic style?
In Noken, we respond with our kitchen taps to all these aspects, and we do so with cutting-edge and high-quality pieces that delight the space and adapt perfectly to everyday use. In fact, all Noken kitchen taps are protected with 'Maximum Chrome' and they are subjected to periodical controls and certifications.
However, as we know that each design is for a kitchen, we combine numerous designs in our product catalogue, always with the maximum guarantee in materials and manufacturing processes provided by the PORCELANOSA Grupo. Are you clear about the kitchen style of your dreams? Our proposition:
Five taps for five kitchens
Soft: urban kitchens
Soft is a kitchen tap with a special feel, characterized by its rectilinear design and elongated spout. It is filled with practicality and contemporary design, ideal for urban kitchens. The stress of daily life in the city makes the functionality in these kitchens very important, as well as the comfort of use. This tap is perfect for this, thanks to its comfortable handle and swivel spout, present in all Noken taps.
Spring: classic kitchens
Spring is an attractive tap, perfect for professional and classic looking kitchens. It looks majestic in the kitchen, thanks to its tall but elongated spout at the end, for greater proximity of water to food and utensils. This comfort in its use intensifies with its flexible shower, further promoting hygiene and culinary experimentation. Its design combined with the chrome finish reminds us of yesteryear, combining perfectly with marble countertops, based on traditional materials.
Urban: kitchens with personality
The different versions of Urban and Urban Stick embellish the spaces, providing them with great personality. Any house style with this tap, enhancing eclectic kitchens, but always with the maximum relevance and character due to its unique design. Likewise, it is a highly practical quality tap, thanks to a comfortable operation handle in its two versions: Urban and Urban Stick; and to the flexible spout option as well.
Hotels: minimalist kitchens
The simple design of the Hotels kitchen tap is perfect for minimalist kitchens. Simplicity made into beauty because of a piece with a handle on the top and a practical use that enables the regulation of the temperature and the flow with the same single lever. It includes a swivel spout and aerator plus, like the rest of the taps. Thanks to the aerator, the water outlet acquires more volume and it contributes to saving water.
Loop: Nordic kitchens
Loop is a classic-style tap, but with a contemporary touch. Its curved spout reminds us of the taps from yesteryear, but it has a practical use in a rectangular shape that gives it that modern-day touch. That classic-renewed feel in the same tap design is ideal for a Nordic-style kitchen, which is committed to the warmth, authenticity and the most natural character of the materials but in its most modern, daring and minimalist touch.
Tips when opting for the best taps for your kitchen
Apart from the design, we suggest taking into account a series of tips that favour opting for the most practical taps for your kitchen:
1. The high-spout taps are very useful for bulky containers, opt for them for greater comfort on a day-to-day basis.
2. The flexible spout and a greater water flow jet favour the cleaning and filling of the containers.
3. If you have an island or a double bowl kitchen sink, opt for a 170º swivel spout with a security stop that avoid overflows like those offered by Noken. The flexible hand shower will also help.